Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dino Dress

Okay before you read the rest of this, press play on this:



And here is the finished dinosaur dress. I posted a picture of the work in progress last week on Facebook and it was rather well received.





Very simple dress, indeed. I used the bodice of Simplicity 4070, but made a few more changes.


Remember my candy hearts dress? I used the same bodice pattern but didn't do a cut out.

The first change I made was to make the back and neckline quite low. Then instead of an A-line skirt I cut out a 3/4 skirt for extra twirling goodness.

And that's kind of all I have to say about it. I made the bias tape myself (as for some reason it's hard to find orange bias tape...?) and I have on hold enough of this fabric in the blue colour-way to make a doona cover for my bed. Where I come from, we call it a 'doona' but you may know it as a 'duvet' or quilt!


21 comments:

  1. ah gorgeous! what fun!! love the bias tape ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just fabulous! I love the shape of the skirt. Is it gathered at the waist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, slight gathering, but not overly so!
      Thanks for the follow!! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hehe thanks lady, also congrats to you making it into the September slideshohw! x

      Delete
  4. What a cool dress you made! Love the dinosaurs on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular dress as usual. U r amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I'm so jealous of the amazing dino fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe do not be jealous, lass! I can always get some and send it to you!

      Delete
  7. Love. Love. Love.

    strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the material called / where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man... I saw this on Pinterest. Followed a bunch of links hoping to buy this dress. :) Alas, not for sale! BUT WELL DONE! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to buy this, too! Do you have an Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete