Friday, February 24, 2012

The Girliest Things I've Ever Made

So here is a top and a skirt I pretty much just finished. If you took a picture back in time maybe three years and said to me "you're going to be wearing this willingly, and you made it yourself" I would laugh in your face and tell you you're tripping.


The skirt was a 1 meter piece I bought from my place of work, which I cut in half and then added the waistband. I pleated the whole darn thing across the top instead of gathering, which makes it sit so much more pleasantly.


The top is of course, my fourth Sorbetto. I messed up something with the pleat (it's smaller than it should be) but eh, I added lace on the edges to make it look a bit more normal and to make the darn thing lie flat; this cotton sateen did not want to stay down!




Pearls? Lace? Pink? Yep, I've officially gone cuckoo.


I had to do SOMETHING to make me feel less girly
Taking photos outside was not fun today, it feels like I'm in the center of a bushfire. Australian summer rages like a lady on menopause.



My shoes... I went through a lot of trouble for these shoes! And my usual size was too big so I opted for the smaller size, which is a little too small. Que cera!! But yay, yellow shoesies <3

7 comments:

  1. Cute outfit, and you do 'girly' well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this outfit!!!!!!!! I think u make a gorgeous girly girl :D I also made a skirt with cotton sateen the same way you did, except i gathered it. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the outfit and I love girly-ness. The combination of the top and the skirt is fantastic! Where the H did you get those shoes? I'm in love!
    P.s. - your 'non-girly photo' scared the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt fabric! Too cute! Do you use "quilting" fabrics when it comes to these patterned marvels? I find it creases really easily! Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! I came across your blog and I love it! You inspire me so much..Where do you get those shoes!! I need them so bad! Is there a place I can order them online? Can you tell? My email is ecveldhuizen@hotmail.com if you have time to tell me.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.. I left you a msgs a couple of days ago..Maybe you thought it was spam, but I still would really love to know what kind of shoes these are..Cs, im in love! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love your blog and style!

    ReplyDelete